Mission of Farhat al Raqs Student Troupe
- Have opportunity to put technique into musical context through choreography
- Explore a variety of sub styles of ME dance and music
- See and have input into the dance-making process
- Get performance experience
- The fun and fulfilling experience of dancing & performing together - “Farhat al Raqs” means the Joy of Dancing!
Who is it for?
- Students who have been consistently attending technique class for 4 months or more
- Students that want to learn full choreography and have the opportunity to perform
- Students who are able to commit to the group and be dependable troupe members
What’s expected of troupe members?
- Consistent attendance in core level technique class
- Regular attendance at weekly rehearsal (Thursdays 7:45 pm) and occasional extra rehearsals as needed before performances
- Reviewing choreography between rehearsal to show up ready to learn new parts
What time commitment is involved?
- Weekly technique class plus weekly rehearsal
- Some time to review and prepare at home to be ready for the next rehearsal
What costs are there?
- Core technique class tuition
- Student troupe fee ($50 per month)
- Costume expenses. We will build costume wardrobes gradually to spread out the costs.
What is my obligation?
- Farhat al Raqs will be a consistent performance group, rehearsing weekly.
- Members are asked to commit to the current performance cycle which is through the completion of a project and its performance. This project cycle will be staged on June 10th
- It is important that members can depend on each other to do their part and see each project to its finish. Members who leave to take a break at the completion of a project and before the start of a new one are welcome to return in the future.
If you have any questions about the troupe, please call or catch me before or after class! 😊